Field of work:
Required sections in CV:
- Work experience
- Attachment CV
Gi Group HR Solutions d.o.o. as a leader in the region and part of Gi Group, prestigious and one of the leading consulting companies in the field of human resources, is able to offer comprehensive solutions in all areas of human resources management. We provide recruitment and selection services under our new brand Wyser.
Lafarge Serbia is part of the Holcim Group, which is a world leader in the construction materials industry We solve the challenges that clients face around the world, whether they are building individual homes or large infrastructure projects. We have been present in Serbia since 2002 in two business segments, Cement and RMX. Since 2022, we have expanded our business to Aggregates and asphalt with the tendency of further expansion. For our business in Serbia, we are looking for a new team member to strengthen our local finance team.
On behalf of our client, Lafarge Serbia, we are looking for an experienced and proactive professional to fill in the following position: Accounting Manager
About the opportunity
We are seeking highly motivated professional to develop and lead accounting function at Lafarge Serbia. We are going through a very exciting period, as we are right in the middle of executing 2022 “Building for Growth” Strategy and restructuring of our operations.
This is a highly visible role in which you'll work as a finance business partner for Lafarge Serbia leadership and their teams. If you can operate with a high degree of autonomy while leading a team and developing tools using cutting edge technology, and getting things done while striving for constant growth, personally and professionally; let's build finance function that constantly adds value!
Position is located in our newly renovated corporate office in Beočin, next to our Cement plant, just 20km from Novi Sad. Time spent in Belgrade office and occasional visits to our RMX production sites, Aggregates quaries around Serbia requires a bit of mobility.
In this role, you will:
- Assume full responsibility for managing bookkeeping for 4 different legal entities
- Support CFO in decision making, business development activities, including M&A (due diligence support)
- Optimize and further develop existing accounting processes in relation to existing and new products
- Manage the accounting transactions and periodic closing activities
- Automate repetitive processes involving robots and other latest technology
- Prepare statutory financial statements and manage external auditors in close cooperation with Head of Controlling
- Manage all tax filing and reporting (for local and group purposes)
- Coordinate compilation of periodical and annual settlement accounts
- Perform checks and approve closing of analytic and the general ledger’s accounts
- Ensure the accuracy of the accounting and other data
- Ensure effective cooperation with the share service of Holcim Group
- Actively cooperate with relevant partners at the Holcim Group level (Group and Regional Finance)
- Be a business partner to the CFO and to cooperate intensively with the Legal department
- Follow up internal controls and ensure compliance in line with guidelines for accounting transactions
- Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures that increase accuracy a efficiency
What you need to be successful:
- University degree in Finance, Management, or Accounting; additional accounting/finance qualifications (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CPA, IFRS) are a strong plus
- Ideally 5 or more years of professional experience in similar role
- Experience as a business partner of (senior) management and influencing decision-making in a multi-functional context
- Excellent knowledge of Tax and other local regulation
- Excellent knowledge statutory and IFRS accounting standards
- Project management experience, having implemented and/ or led process changes
- Prior experience in leading/coaching a small team
- Prior working experience in Production industry, Big 4, Consulting or Corporates is NOT mandatory but would be considered a plus
- Strong personal leadership, highly motivated, curious to learn and develop
- Good communication and competencies abilities;
- Attention to detail while understanding overall impact
- Experience in MS Office and SAP (preferred)
- English language- advance level
- Integrity and reliability;
- Carefulness and consistency.
Our client offers:
Work in a stable company with a professional and exceptional team of associates, quality working conditions, but also the possibility of personal career development in a professional and dynamic work environment.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please contact us Gi Group Serbia
Back to job opportunities